You may know IPL(Intense Pulsed Light treatment) as a cosmetic treatment that only removes unwanted hair, but there are other uses of IPL other than hair removal.
Most common includes improving spider veins, darker patches of skin, and removing scars.
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light treatment) works the same as Laser therapy, with the only difference that laser therapy uses only a single wavelength. While in IPL treatment, the device uses multiple wavelengths. And IPL treatment also takes a shorter time than laser therapy.
IPL treatment takes care of a wide range of skin disorders.
- Acne Scars
- Rosacea: Redness of the face
- Hyperpigmentation: Liver, age spots, and freckles
- Melasma: Brown or grey-brown skin patches
- Spider veins
- Stretch marks
- Sun-damaged skin
- Hair removing
Not Suitable for?
Intense Pulsed Light treatment is not suitable for everyone like
- Pregnant women
- Who are on blood thinners
- People on acne drugs or having active acne
- People with skin disorders
- Sunburned people
IPL treatment complications
- Change in colour
Things to avoid during treatment
- Direct sunlight
- Collagen Injections
- Creams or other products that contain Vitamin A or
- Drugs that increase bleeding
Pros and Cons of the IPL treatment
- It works well with skin disorders and helps you to get rid of such complications.
- A time-saving treatment as compared to other methods
- Quicker and effective results
- A few side effects as compared to other treatments like dermabrasion
- Requires several sessions for better results
- It does not support light hair and dark skin
It is best to consult with your dermatologist before starting the IPL treatment.
As IPL treatment requires several sessions, there are other options available too.
A type of laser treatment to reduce the signs of ageing. A pain-free laser treatment that requires only one session often.
Its use is for other skin disorders too, and it also carries some side effects as IPL.
Another type of laser treatment to improve the skin appearance. It helps in removing the dead layers of skin and makes it a fresh one.
It may be a pain-free and cheap treatment, but the results are not effective as IPL.
If you are looking for hair removal treatment, then the best thing is to use IPL hair removal devices for home use like Glowy skin care IPL handset.