Almost everyone especially a woman is looking for the right hair removal method. There can be several ways of removing hair, including shaving, waxing, and sugaring. Other than these you’ve got another option—laser hair removal. Scientifically speaking, electrolysis is the latest and rather permanent method of removing hair. It uses an electric current to weaken and kill the hair follicle.
But before getting your session booked have a look at the pros and cons of laser hair removal.
Laser hair removal pros:
- Reduced hair growth: Not completely but laser hair removal substantially reduces hair growth to a level where the hair almost seems un-noticeable.
- The best choice: Unlike the different painful and messy hair removal methods, laser hair removal is the most convenient way to remove body hair.
- Suitable for all body areas: With laser hair removal you don’t need to worry about your sensitive areas. It clears away all hair even from the sensitive areas very efficiently.
Laser hair removal cons:
- Long sessions: Laser hair removal is a time-consuming process. It usually takes two to eight sessions to completely lock the hair follicle. The worst part is to wait for 6-8 weeks between each session.
- Burns and scars: Untrained technicians or poor equipment could lead to extreme results like scars or burns quite visible on the skin.
- Difficult for dark-skinned people: Laser hair removal does not go very well for dark-skinned people. The reason being, the pigment of dark-skinned people makes it difficult for the laser to identify and kill the hair follicle.
- Costly procedure: The cost for laser especially Brazilian hair removal is far too high as compared to other hair removal methods.
Laser hair removal has got its pros and cons just like any other hair removal method. One should always visit a certified dermatologist before actually getting it done.